Client FAQ's Regarding Alera Group
Q. Will my primary contact at Group Benefits LLC change?
A. No. You may contact your Group Benefits LLC representative as usual.
Q. Will this affect the service I am currently receiving from Group Benefits LLC?
A. No, your contacts and services will all remain the same. Your Group Benefits LLC team will now have the advantage of being able to access over 750 colleagues who have expertise in a wide variety of areas. In addition, with over 20,000 clients, the ability to leverage industry knowledge will be significantly enhanced. Over time, you will benefit directly from enhanced services, new products and improved technologies.
Q. Why is this happening?
A. Our industry is in the midst of significant transformation. We were presented with a unique opportunity to be part of a company with peer firms that we have known and admired for years. Collectively, we are committed to being a national firm that transforms the industry and client experience. With a commitment to local service and a national scope, we are poised to provide the personal service you’re accustomed to along with the resources, technical expertise and best practices of a national firm for many years to come.
Q. What is Alera Group?
A. Alera Group is an employee benefits, property and casualty, risk management and wealth management firm that was created in 2016 by merging 24 like-minded, high-performing independent firms across the United States. Alera Group is the nation’s 14th largest independent insurance agency and 7th largest privately held employee benefits firm with $158 million in revenue, 40 offices nationwide, approximately 750 employees and more than 20,000 clients. The company’s corporate office is located in Deerfield, Illinois, with member firms and locations throughout the United States.
Q. What is the meaning behind the name Alera Group?
A. The word “Alera” is derived from the Latin word for “success.” It represents speed, simplicity and efficiency, as well as a sense of alertness and clarity. We are committed to building on these attributes to deliver exceptional client experiences and enhance our strong local presence on a truly national scale.
Q. What is the meaning behind the Alera Group logo?
A. This mark portrays strength and solidarity in the shape itself (the triangle being one of the sturdiest geometric shapes). It is balanced and united, similar to Alera Group. This boldly distinctive mark represents the unity and collaborative strength of each firm joining the Alera Group.
Q. Who and where are the firms that make up Alera Group?
A. The insurance and financial services firms within Alera Group include:
- A&B Insurance and Financial, Inc., Tampa, FL
- American Insurance Administrators, Inc., Mechanicsburg, PA
- Ardent Solutions, Sugar Land, TX
- Beacon Retiree Benefits Group LLC, Plantsville, CT
- Benico, Ltd., Huntley, IL
- Benefit Advisors Network, Solon, OH
- CBP, Stamford, CT
- C. M. Smith Agency, Inc., Hartford / Central CT
- Centennial, Costa Mesa, CA
- Coury Health Services, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
- CPI-HR, Solon, OH
- Forum, Greenville, SC
- GCG Financial, Inc., Deerfield, IL
- Group Benefits LLC, Memphis, TN
- Group Services, Inc., Bettendorf, IA
- HMK Insurance, Bethlehem, PA
- INGROUP Associates, Inc., Lancaster, PA
- JA Counter, New Richmond, WI
- Pentra, Inc., Villanova, PA
- PWA Insurance Services, Gold River, CA
- Relph Benefit Advisors, Fairport, NY
- Shirazi-Miller Benefits, Greeley, CO
- SIG, Baltimore, MD
- TRUEbenefits, LLC, Seattle, WA
- Virtus Benefits, LLC, Nashville, TN
Q. Who can answer additional questions that I might have?
A. Feel free to reach out to your Group Benefits LLC contact with any questions or concerns.